Gnucash versions

Stein Erik Berget gnucash at berget.org
Thu Oct 6 02:54:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 04:01:26 +0200, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Foxy--
>
> I'll just note that unless you explicitly installed the lib-dbi backend
> for a supported database package (mysql, sqlite, postgresql),

Thank you for this little gem. I've been wondering why I have not had the
possibility to save as to a SQL backend, or even create a new 'book' in a
SQL backend. This explained it! Thanks a million GnuCash! ;-)

> created a database in the database engine, and then saved your gnucash
> data in the database format, then you are probably still using the
> default XML data format. And that is probably just as well. At this
> time, there is little gained by converting over to the SQL version;
> several discussions over the last year or so have underscored this.

Now I need to decide if I want to have it in my running MySQL db, oh well
:-D I still have plenty of accounting practices to learn...

--
Have a happy day!
Stein Erik