Saving Images alongside Transactions

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:06:18 EDT 2011

I used a program called Neat Receipts that stores this kind of data for a 3
year project that created 3000 pages of images, bank statements, checks and
ledgers.  I had to use Gnucash to keep up with the accounting half.

Having this feature available would have been fantastic at the time
especially with the flexibility Gnucash has.

I will say that the Neatworks database was 1.5 gigabytes and required making
a backup daily.  The backup file took 45 minutes to complete each time.

This would certainly bog down Gnucash, but it would be a great modular
attachment or separate program that could access the gnucash database and
save a lot of double reconciling along with a second database.  (if that
makes sense.)