Gnucash versions

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Fri Oct 7 10:01:00 EDT 2011

There is one potential benefit of using a SQL store over an XML one that they probably won't tell you - you can read the data using tools other than gnucash!  This means that you can potentially generate reports based on gnucash data without having to resort to the horrors of the gnucash reporting system.  (I don't know if anyone is doing this yet, because the schema used by gnucash is pretty messy, but the potential is there, and I know that some people, myself included, are working on it!

Colin