How to charge expenses to a customer

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Oct 7 15:30:29 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 02:53:00PM -0400, John Layman wrote:

> I can guess how the voucher entry works and how expense accounts are entered, but how is an income account specified for the receivable?  The business features just aren't documented.

Ah.  Well, when you specify a customer for this, the entry appears on
the next invoice for the customer (though you can remove them from the
invoice).  Each line needs an income account for it, which you do line
by line (I think there's a default, but I forget).  It's a little
clunky, but it works.

I agree that the documentation on the business features is pretty bad.
I keep thinking I should write some, but since my accountant keeps
assuring me that I have no clue what I'm doing, I don't think I want
to write the docs yet :)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com