html is evil (was Re: Ignore this- it's just a Test Message

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Oct 8 08:45:02 EDT 2011

On Sat, October 8, 2011 4:58 am, tjoen wrote:
> Derek Atkins schreef op vr 07-10-2011 om 22:22 [-0400]:
>> Thank for testings!   Looks like I fixed the HTML->text conversion on
>> the
>> server.  Apparently Mailman needs "lynx", but that wasn't installed and
>> it's not an explicit dependency.  Once I installed lynx, now your HTML
>> emails are coming through.
>>
>> Yay, no more empty messages.
>
> But I hate html-mail, only phish- and enlarger-spams need them

That's fine -- you don't have to use HTML Email.   And the list wont send
it to you either.  The issue was that subscribers who DID use HTML email
would have their (legitimate) messages stripped and subscribers to the
list would only see an empty message.  Now that HTML email is properly
converted to a plain-text message so you can read it.

That is all.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745