Account Balance Forecasting

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:11:37 EDT 2011

Hi Ian,

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Ian X Waddington <iwaddox at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> .         Future entered transactions,

GnuCash takes these into account when it shows the future account balance.

> .         Scheduled transactions, and

Scheduled transactions aren't taken into account until they're actually
entered into the GL as a real transaction. You can set them up to be entered
a few months in advance of their actual dates to let GnuCash know about them
in advance so it includes them in the future balance calculation.

.         Budgeted items

I'm not sure either way about how a budget affects GnuCash's future balance
calculations. What I would do is break up the budget into a bunch of
early-entered scheduled transactions, as per above. A bit cumbersome.

Can anyone comment if the GnuCash account balance reports take budgets into
account?

HTH,

Yawar