Account Balance Forecasting

Michael P. Reilly arcege at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:56:56 EDT 2011

I'm an ex-quicken user from long ago and I remember this functionality there
as well.  It was great to trend your long-term gains/losses. I haven't seen
anything comparable I'm afraid.

I think that it could be done based on future and scheduled transactions,
but the budgeting capabilities in gnucash are, in my opinion, not up to this
task.  There is almost no interaction between a budget and the data itself
and budget entry is pretty much entirely manual.

I do miss this feature, but I've dealt with it by doing the calculations in
my head (too tedious to try to import into a spreadsheet).

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Ian X Waddington <iwaddox at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Every so often I have a look at GNUCash to see if I want to move from
> MS-Money, I know I'll have to leave MS-Money at some stage but after so
> many
> years it will be wrench.
>

> Anyway, one of the features in MS-Money that I have become dependent on is
> the account balance forecasting tool, it uses a combination of
>

> .         Future entered transactions,
>
> .         Scheduled transactions, and
>
> .         Budgeted items
>

> To produce an account balance forecast. I use it to ensure I minimise the
> balance in my current account, without going overdrawn, whilst maximising
> the interest in my savings account.  With interest rates so low the benefit
> is not what it used to be but it is something I really have got used to
> doing and would like to continue doing.
>

> Do we know if there is a way to do what I'm looking for or whether there is
> development underway to produce such a forecasting option?
>

> Those of you who are ex MS-Money users will know exactly the functionality
> am referring to which is within the bills scheduler.
>

> Thank you for your help

What comes after the O-nut?
The P-nut
What comes after the P-nut?