Quickest way to update securities prices for a previous date?

c-a-l calinatl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:11:25 EDT 2011

Sometimes I forget to use the Perl tool to update the securities prices on the
last day of the month.  Since I am managing an estate and need to report to
others, and my reports need to match the quarterly statements from the financial
institutions, I often find myself manually entering numerous closing prices for
a previous date.

First, is there some sort of way to set up the online price update to select a
specific date to update, rather than the current date?  That would be the best.
If not, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would find this useful.  Is there
a way to make this a feature request?

If there is no way to select a particular date for online price update, then I'd
like to know if there is a more efficient way to enter the updates.

Currently, I go to Price Editor, select add, and in the box select "namespace,"
security, currency and date, and then enter the price.  I've recently figured
out (or the program has been updated) that instead of hitting enter, I can click
on "apply" and all the data stays there, so all I have to do is select the next
security and enter the price.  (this is MUCH less hassle than reentering
everything every time, which you have to do if you hit return).  Perhaps this is
the most efficient way currently possible.

Ideally, I'd like to select a specific date for the online price updates.  Short
of that, I'd like to select a specific date and have a matrix of all securities
show up that I can just go down the list and update all the prices.  Is either
of these possible?

Thanks in advance for any info.