Login Message ".....encountered bad or corrupt data"

Glenara Domain.Support at CanadianDomainRegistry.ca
Sun Oct 9 14:56:30 EDT 2011

Hello

While I am quite new to GnuCash I'm coming across little things that may be
of interest to others, and in this case it seems that others have
encountered this message:

*The server at URL mysql://User@localhost/gnucash experienced an error or
encountered bad or corrupt data.*

In my case, I had being entering the wrong password.

I'm wondering if the dev team should consider returning/displaying the sql
error instead?  In which case the message would be along the lines of "...
access denied to user....."

I think those trying to do remote access would also appreciate this more
informative error message particularly when the remote host may not have the
necessary permissions.

Also, is this the kinda of thing I should be posting to the dev group
instead of the user group?

Glen