Closed acct with balance

Jeremy Miller qatman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:52:48 EDT 2011

It sounds like $68.71 of legitimate charges you had made did not transfer to
the new account.  If this is the case then effectively you have reduced
expenses by $68.71.  I would debit Credit Card and credit either an Expense
category (to treat the windfall as a reduction in expenses) or an Income
category (e.g. Income:Miscellaneous to treat the windfall as income).
Either way it is a gain to equity (net worth).

I suspect that the bank will eventually correct the issue.