No entry in price editor

Michael P. Reilly arcege at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:00:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Bob Plantz <rgplantz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2011 7:24 AM, Michael P. Reilly wrote:
>
>> Hi,  I'm running Ubuntuo 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and GnuCash 2.4.7 (build
>> rb5df19+).
>>
>> I've added some new mutual funds for my sons.  I entered mutual funds with
>> associated securities.  The accounts page shows $0 sum, so I went to enter
>> values into Tools>  Price Editor, but I do not see the securities listed.
>>
>> Settings for one security and account are:
>> Full name: Aggressive Growth Portfolio
>> Symbol/abbreviation: IOAGA (no symbol, inserted my own)
>> Type: FUND
>> ISIN, etc.: {blank}
>> Fraction traded: 1/10000
>> Get Online Quotes: unchecked
>>
>> Associated account:
>> Name: Aggressive Growth Portfolio - A
>> Code: Track A
>> Security: IOAGA (Aggressive Growth Portfolio)
>> Smallest fraction: Use Commodity Value
>> Account Color: Default
>> Notes: {blank}
>> Tax related: {greyed out}
>> Placeholder: {unchecked}
>> Hidden: {unchecked}
>> Acct type: Mutual Fund
>> Parent Acct: ...
>>
>> There are a total of 30 securities which are a FUND type, 34 in total.  In
>> the price editor there are a total of 28 (all types).  There are four (4)
>> new securities and two (2) older ones, which are not showing up. The older
>> are not attached to accounts so I could understand if these were not
>> showing
>> up in the price editor.  The new securities are bound to mutual fund
>> accounts.
>>
>> Is there a bug, misunderstanding of how to bind securities to accounts,
>> configuration not set?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>   -Michael
>>
> I had something like this happen with a previous version of Ubuntu/gnucash.
> When I looked more carefully, I saw that the Price Editor window was too
> narrow, and the "Security" column did not show. Expanding the size of the
> window solved my problem. And I had to click on the "+" box to the far left
> on the "FUND" row.
>
> --Bob

Thanks for the reply, Bob.  It is not that I cannot see the entries in the
Price Editor.  I can see all six fields and have expanded every security
type (those listed are FUND, NASDAQ and NYSE, which are consistent with the
types that I have assigned).

If I change the above security to say "AMEX", which has no funds in the
Security Editor (and after the change, has one security), then when I
(re)open the Price Editor, I still only have "FUND", "NASDAQ" and "NYSE".

Thanks,
  -Michael
--
What comes after the O-nut?