No entry in price editor

Bob Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:48:36 EDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 7:24 AM, Michael P. Reilly wrote:
> Hi,  I'm running Ubuntuo 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and GnuCash 2.4.7 (build
> rb5df19+).
>
> I've added some new mutual funds for my sons.  I entered mutual funds with
> associated securities.  The accounts page shows $0 sum, so I went to enter
> values into Tools>  Price Editor, but I do not see the securities listed.
>
> Settings for one security and account are:
> Full name: Aggressive Growth Portfolio
> Symbol/abbreviation: IOAGA (no symbol, inserted my own)
> Type: FUND
> ISIN, etc.: {blank}
> Fraction traded: 1/10000
> Get Online Quotes: unchecked
>
> Associated account:
> Name: Aggressive Growth Portfolio - A
> Code: Track A
> Security: IOAGA (Aggressive Growth Portfolio)
> Smallest fraction: Use Commodity Value
> Account Color: Default
> Notes: {blank}
> Tax related: {greyed out}
> Placeholder: {unchecked}
> Hidden: {unchecked}
> Acct type: Mutual Fund
> Parent Acct: ...
>
> There are a total of 30 securities which are a FUND type, 34 in total.  In
> the price editor there are a total of 28 (all types).  There are four (4)
> new securities and two (2) older ones, which are not showing up. The older
> are not attached to accounts so I could understand if these were not showing
> up in the price editor.  The new securities are bound to mutual fund
> accounts.
>
> Is there a bug, misunderstanding of how to bind securities to accounts,
> configuration not set?
>
> Thank you,
>    -Michael
I had something like this happen with a previous version of
Ubuntu/gnucash. When I looked more carefully, I saw that the Price
Editor window was too narrow, and the "Security" column did not show.
Expanding the size of the window solved my problem. And I had to click
on the "+" box to the far left on the "FUND" row.

--Bob