Sorting of split transaction

george smith rig9919hd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 05:55:36 EDT 2011

Is there any way to sort a split transaction so it is more readable? All my
paycheck splits get unreadable and confusing because of the way gnucash sorts
them by default.

I want my split transactions to look like this:

Taxable Salary          118
Checking Acct     40
Disability Ins    60
Federal Tax       10
State Tax         5
Medicare          1
Social Sec        2
Pretax Salary           40
Health Ins        10
Dental Ins        10
Vision Ins        10
401K              10
Employer Paid           20
Health Savings    15
401K Contr.       5

Instead it always pushes all the withdrawals (taxable salary, pretax salary,
and employer paid benefits) to the very bottom. I've tried giving each split
a number in the action box. Doing that and sorting by number or action only
sorted the top level transactions in the ledger, the splits weren't sorted
at all.