Issue with importing ofx/qfx file

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Tue Oct 18 21:49:41 EDT 2011

On October 14, 2011 05:44:24 pm Michal Lijowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still have my sparse financial data in the discontinued InCharge
> financial software under OS/2 Warp. I was able to export these data
> from InCharge in a CSV format, convert into qif format, and upload
> to gnucash 2.4.7-1 under Fedora 15. First thing, which I have tried, was
> to upload data in ofx format into a corresponding account. I don't see
> any of these data in the corresponding account. I see the corresponding
> transactions in the log file. I also have tried to cut and paste a
> transaction from the unspecified account into the actual corresponding
> account, and I don't see this transaction in the target account, though
> this transaction is shown in the log file.
>
> I appreciate any advice.
>
> Michal

Michal, you don't say what operating system and which distribution you are
using.

I'm using OpenSuSe 11.2 Linux, for example, and as installed libofx is not
installed by default. Adding this let me import files.
Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca

I admire him, I frankly confess it; and when his time comes I shall
buy a piece of the rope for a keepsake. Mark Twain