separating data files from backup files

suk wah bernstein sukwahbernstein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 21:44:55 EDT 2011

should have waited for your instruction. there was a folder in Documents
named PersonalFinan.gnu. data files and back up files were all in it. I went
ahead and opened a new folder, named it PersonalFinanDataFiles, dragged data
file and qif file into it. then renamed the original folder
PersonalFinanBackupFiles. It has all back up and log files.

then i open gnucash. account list window comes up. click on personal
checking account. opens. enters transaction. hit save. window pops up.

Gnucash could not write to
file://Users//SukWahB/Documents/sukwah/PersonalFinan.gnu/gnucashPersonalAccounts.gnucash.
That database may be on a read-only file system, or you may not have write
permission for the directory. i check the file info through Finder. It says
i can read and write.

also the title in account tree window has an asterisk * in front of
'gnucahPersonalAccounts.gnucash - Gnucash'

i undid all i did to the folders, dragged the data files back into the
single folder with all the log and back up files. still not writing. i
really should have waited for instruction before i went ahead on this one.
another lesson on patience. pls advise.

respect
suk wah