No suitable backend was found for file

Neil Jackson neil at webcoza.co.za
Sun Oct 23 22:38:52 EDT 2011

I have the following error
No suitable backend was found for file:///home/neil/smb4k/nas-f9-9f-
b1/gnucash/Webcoza/webcoza.

I have a NAS device where I have all my files.

I was using smb4k to map a drive to smb4k/nas-f9-9f-b1/gnucash/. I powered the
machine down and restarted it and smb4k could no longer read the NAS shares,
although it did detect the NAS machine. I then used
mount //10.0.0.3/gnucash /home/neil/smb4k/nas-f9-9f-b1/gnucash -t cifs -o
username=admin,password=something -o gid=user,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,rw
to mount the device.

I can browse the gnucash folder in dolphin, I have copied the webcoza file to
the local drive and I can access it and run gnucash without a problem.

Please help, I want to be able to access the file via the NAS as it has raid
and is shared on the network.