Gnucash 2.4.7 installation Ubuntu 10.04

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 24 07:32:51 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Don't take this idea and just run with it, I'm being somewhat venturous
in my suggestions... ;-)

Had a brief look at your link. Makes sense, but as you've found, unless
you noted down what was installed where, you don't know how to do a full
manual uninstall...?

I have seen info elsewhere that suggests a command like 'checkinstall'
rather than 'make install' as it creates info on your system (a .deb
package?) to allow you to run an uninstall later... try searching for
more info on how this works, I haven't used it enough to elaborate.
It may be a way to deal with your problem though, try re-installing as
per that website but use a 'checkinstall' where appropriate, and maybe
an 'over-write' option too. that may basically re-install the setup you
don't want, but at the same time make you an uninstall package... then
you can run the uninstall and clean it all out for a fresh start???

See if any others have comments on this, either here or on other
websites/blogs/etc...??

Regards,
Shane.