GnuCash 2.4.8 changed appearance on Windows 7?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Oct 24 16:18:01 EDT 2011

On maandag 24 oktober 2011, Randy Orrison wrote:
> Was it intentional for GnuCash to change its appearance in version
> 2.4.8?  The fonts and toolbars are now larger, scroll bars are not
> windows standard (kinda neat, though, but still...)  I don't want to
> have to expand all my windows, it was already a squeeze getting the
> reconcile window side-by-side with a bank statement.  Is there an
> option somewhere?  I did look...

The change was intentional indeed. The original theme we used until 2.4.7 had
a number of critical flaws that could crash the application in certain
circumstances. To avoid this, we chose to use another theme.

You can change the theme yourself though if you like. If you go to the GnuCash
section under All Programs in the Windows start menu, there is a small tool
called "Select theme" which you can use to, well, select the theme or
"appearance" you prefer for GnuCash. The theme that could lead to crashes is
called "Ms Windows", so I would advise to avoid that theme.

Geert