Where does gnucash record the location of my files?

Paul Abrahams abrahams at acm.org
Mon Oct 24 21:57:42 EDT 2011

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm running gnucash under Kubuntu Oneiric
11.10, and I had a problem with gnucash segfaulting before it could get going.
So I tried renaming both .gnucash and the data directory so that gnucash
wouldn't see them.  This time gnucash did get started, but it complained about
a missing file anyway, and it knew where the data directory was supposed to be.
So there must be some other place where that information is located.  Where
might that be?