Got going!

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 24 23:03:21 EDT 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 7:04 PM, Paul Abrahams wrote:

> It turns out that I had not undone all my renaming of the data files. So I fixed
> that,and I've found that I can get going by deleting ~/.gnucash.  I don't know
> what other pieces I'll still need to pick up, but the worst might be over.
>
> I still wonder what toxin was lurking in .gnucash, and how gnucash managed to
> find my files without it.
>
> Thanks for the help.

It would be nice if you could (1) keep the same subject and (2) reply to previous mails (even if you sent them) when you are commenting on a single subject. That helps keep everything together in other list members' mailers, in the archives, and in the various third party web interfaces like Nabble.

To answer the question, user preferences and file history are managed by a separate program called GConf, and it keeps its data in ~/.gconf

Regards,
John Ralls