health savings account

Richard Bishopp rbishopp44 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:33:18 EDT 2011

I put my HSA account under current assets with my savings and checking
accounts. My employer funds that account as well as myself with each pay
period as an automatic deduction from the pay check (pre-tax). So deposits
are splits from my pay check or other income when employer make a deposit.
When I record a transaction against it I select the appropriate medical
expense account for that transaction.  I also created more specific expense
accounts under medical so I can see what was spent where and what needs to
be reimbursed if that case arises.

Not an accountant just makes sense to me when I look at it.  Hope this
helps.

Rich...

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, suk wah bernstein <