Too many files!

tasha at tmphotographyfresno.com tasha at tmphotographyfresno.com
Thu Oct 27 20:40:36 EDT 2011

   Thanks, I actually figured that out today after taking a long hard look
   at what was going on, and just changed the setting to 60 minutes before
   it makes a back up. I couldn't get to the FAQ wiki yesterday to get the
   question answered, apparently the server was down. :)

   On Oct 27, 2011, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

     Hi,
     On Wed, October 26, 2011 8:20 pm, Gnu-User wrote:
     > Okay, I'm brand new to GnuCash. I am using Windows 7, in case you
     need to
     > know. Here's my issue:
     >
     > How do I change settings so that GnuCash overwrites my file when I
     save
     > instead of making a brand new one?
     GnuCash does overwrite your file when you save. The "Brand New File"
     is
     actually a backup file. See the FAQ:
     [1]http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_are_all_these_.gnucash_a
     nd_.log_files_filling_up_my_directory.3F
     Derek Atkins 617-623-3745
     [2]derek at ihtfp.com [3]www.ihtfp.com