Entering values in Budgets

smchadwell smchadwell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 00:29:40 EDT 2011

Hi, everybody,

Please forgive me for asking a stupid question -- I've been searching here
and elsewhere for a couple of days, and my inability to find anything
suggests that I'm missing something totally obvious.

*How can I enter values for expenses in a budget?*

I know how to create a new budget (and how to set its date options, etc.),
and I can click on a given period in a given expense line and enter an
amount, but that amount disappears as soon as I leave the box.

I'm running 2.4.7 on Ubuntu. Help?

For the record, I've been using GnuCash for years, now, and have loved it.
I've just never tried budgeting with it until now.

Sean