Installing Finance::Quote

glenn bergmann gnebergie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:14:42 EDT 2011

Hi,  I note this subject is visited frequently by gnuCash users.  I had many
questions when first attempting to use this feature.  With assistance from
your organization I got it working.  The user benefits and desirability are
excellent for managing investment portfolios.

A suggestion that may reduce the inquiries substantially.  During the
initial installation of gnuCash, provide the user with a choice to include
this feature.  If the user chooses to do so, install the programs necessary
for this function to work.  The user will have to specify the source for
quotes.  I use finance.yahoo.com.  Change "Help" to reflect the modified
approach.

Glenn