'Reconcile' not working

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 2 14:03:27 EDT 2011

On 9/2/2011 12:45 PM, Fred Bone wrote:
> On 1 September 2011 at 16:33, Steve Juniper said:
>
>> Second question: Is there a known problem with 'reconcile'? It now
>> does not work for me. When I enter the parameters it does not give me an
>> accurate result
> Can you be more specific? I for one have no idea what your problem looks
> like. I assume you're referring to entering the date and balance in the
> "Reconcile Information" window that is the first thing to pop up, but
> what "result" are you expecting it to give you at that point?
>
>> and when I scroll down to look at entries it suddenly
>> either repeats certain single entries many time, scrolling very slowly or
>> not at all, or becomes a messy blur of lines. 2.4.7 on my XP Asus 1005HA
>> netbook.
> This sounds like a text rendering problem. When I had something similar
> (but in account registers) it was caused/cured by changing the fonts used
> (in Control Panel -> Display -> Appearance -> Advanced), though I can't
> remember which one(s) made the difference - perhaps someone else has a
> better memory than me.
>
> FWIW, I am using "Windows Classic", font size "Normal", and all the fonts
> (in "Advanced") are set to Tahoma,8

I have the 'blur' problem from time to time.  In my case, it is because
I do not have enough RAM for all the stuff running in the background
(only 3 GIG).  I can clear it up by using the scroll bar to slowly move
the data up or down in the register window.  Do you have problems with
programs running slowly?

David Carlson