documentation

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Sep 5 03:43:16 EDT 2011

On Monday 05 Sep 2011 08:30:47 George OLson wrote:
> I am running gnucash 2.4 on KDE 4.7 and openSUSE 11.4. I have tried to
> open the help menu in gnucash, but I always get the error:
>
> "GnuCash could not find the files for the help documentation.  This is
> likely because the 'gnucash-docs' package is not installed."
>
> I have doublechecked with Yast and verified that I did in fact install
> gnucash-docs. Can someone tell me how to get the help menu to open the
> documentation for gnucash?
>
> Thanks,
> George

Hi George,

Fo some reason SuSE seems always to have bugs relating to the GC docs.
Thought that it had been fixed years ago, I'll have to search the list
archives for the solution presented a few years ago (openSuSE 10.0?)

in the meantime, try the following command in a terminal window:

yelp /usr/share/gnome/help/gnucash/C/gnucash-guide.xml

(you may have to use YaST to install the yelp package - I did)

HTH,
Maf.