Is gtkhtml required to build gnucash?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:58:03 EDT 2011

On 11 September 2011 16:34, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 September 2011 14:41, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 11, 2011, at 6:26 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>>> I am attempting to build the latest 2.4 version from the 2.4 git
>>> branch, on Ubuntu Oneiric Beta (11.10).  When I run ./configure I get:
>>>
>>> checking the html engine... gtkhtml
>>> checking for libgtkhtml-3.14... no
>>> configure: error: cannot find GtkHTML >= 3.14
>>>
>>> I can get around this by installing libgtkhtml3.14-19,
>>> libgtkhtml3.14-dev and libenchant-dev and then am able to build
>>> successfully.
>>> I thought I saw that libgtkhtml is no longer used.  Am I mistaken?
>>>

>> We left it as the default in 2.4 because last December, when we released 2.4.0, we weren't confident that we had the WebKit html interface stable. You can build in WebKit support instead of GtkHTML by passing --with-html-engine=webkit to configure.
>
> OK, I did that and got through ./configure ok.  (using ./configure
> --with-html-engine=webkit --enable-compile-warnings --enable-dbi)
>
> but then running make I get
>
> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/colinl/gnucash_git/src/bin'
> /bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -Werror
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libgtkhtml-3.14.so.19, needed by
> /usr/bin/gnucash2.4/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-html.so, not found (try
> using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> /usr/bin/gnucash2.4/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-html.so: undefined reference
> to `gtk_html_write'

OK, sorted, I had not done sudo make uninstall before make clean and make.
I have --prefix=/usr/bin/gnucash2.4 in the configure.
I am confused as to why make (no params)  is picking up stuff from the
install directory.  I had thought that configure and make clean would
be enough to clean up the environment for make.

Colin

--
gplus.to/clanlaw