book options, A/P use

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 20 08:27:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

Please be sure to CC gnucash-user on all your replies using your
mailer's Reply-To-List or Reply-All functionality.

Stephanie Jordan <customeyessji at gmail.com> writes:

> so how do I use a printf-style format string? what fields are available? is
> there a field code reference I'm missing?

This is a new, not-very-well-documented feature.

> If I want my invoice numbers to appear like this: Inv 2011-09.0001 ("Inv"
> year-month.consecutivenumbers)
> what would the format string look like?

It would depend on your OS.  It allows whatever the G_INT64_FORMAT is
for your platform.

Note that the consecutive number will NOT reset at every month.
Moreover, right now there are no format options for 'year' or 'month' so
you would have to reset them every month.

> customer numbers to be: the initials of the company's name - 01
> Computer Fixer = CF-01
>
> thank you
>
> [cid]
> CustomEyesSJI at gmail.com   936.525.8989