new user having problems with OFX download

Charlie Morrison sail43 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 20 20:17:24 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have had this (frustrating) problem before - if you are using Win 7 64
bit try running Gnucash in XP compatibility mode.  Somebody else
suggested that and gave the following directions:

In order to do this, simply find your gnucash.exe file (mine's in C:\Program
Files (x86)\gnucash\bin), right click on it, then click properties.  Then
click on the compatibility tab, and check the box next to "Run this program
in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP in the dropdown.

Good Luck