Import stock price history from QIF?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 22:15:06 EDT 2011

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Python Bindings are not included in the Mac OS X binaries. In order to get them, you would have to compile the package from source with the bindings included.

Aside: I assume that the reason for not including the Python bindings in the default build for Gnucash is partly that they are a recent addition to the codebase, and partly due to the added overhead of securing a Python platform to support the code. I would love to hear from the developers about whether including Python bindings is something they foresee happening. Myself, I would love to get access to those same historical quotes scripts...

John Ralls is the OS X Force To Be Reckoned With and I am sure he can get you further along the path of compilation. But look at: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz

David