Import stock price history from QIF?

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed Sep 21 23:30:22 EDT 2011

On 22/09/11 12:04, John Ralls wrote:
> Of course, the Scheme bindings *are* included, because that's what makes reports work, so you could use that without having to build Gnucash yourself.

:-(
I have easily enough familiarity with Python for this task, but the last
time I programmed anything Lisp-like was when I tried to fix emacs K&R C
editing mode in eLisp in about 1982, a task I eventually abandoned and
returned to using vi, because I was spending far more time coding the
eLisp than the C I wanted to code. The last time I used Lisp before that
would have been in about 1976.

Looks like I may have to go and have a look at the page about building
Gnucash for OS X and compare it to the cost of learning enough Scheme to
do the job. It's a pity that all the examples I've been pointed to for
importing stock quote data have been in Python, not Scheme.

Regards,
Peter