downloading issue

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 22 03:26:25 EDT 2011

On 22/09/11 17:05, Colin Law wrote:
> It is a long time since I switched from Quicken but at that time it
> was necessary to export the data from Quicken as a qif file. You
> comment above suggests that you are trying to read the quicken data
> file itself without first exporting it as qif.

I switched from Quicken for Mac 2005 a couple of months ago, and had
little difficulty exporting my accounts from Quicken to a QIF file
(File>Export>Full Export in Quicken) and then importing the QIF file
into Gnucash (OS X 2.6.8, Gnucash 2.4.7).

The only things that didn't transfer were my Quicken Scheduled
Transactions, which don't appear to be put into the QIF export, and my
stock price history, which is in the QIF, but which the Gnucash import
ignores.

I'm working on trying to find a way to import QIF stock prices into
Gnucash. See the "Import stock price history from QIF?" thread for more
details.

Peter