missing column

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Sep 24 08:32:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, September 23, 2011 7:32 pm, john engel wrote:
> All of a sudden the "Tot Receive" column (and similar columns in other
> accounts) in my accounts has disappeared.  How do I get it back?

Perhaps the column headings got too big?  Is there a scrollbar at the
bottom of the window?  If so, you will need to resize your columns down.
If there is a scrollbar then you can just size the description column
down.  Otherwise, if you have no scrollbar and you still don't see the
total column, you might need to doubleclick in the header (I believe you
need to click on the header border?) to get your column back.  In this
case most likely it got sized down to 0 pixels wide.

Note that the column is most definitely there -- there is no way to remove
the column.  However it might be "hidden" by the fact that it might be 0
pixels.

Also see:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_resize_my_register_columns.3F_Why_can_I_not_shrink_the_description_column.3F

Hope this helps,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745