Lost file

P Ruck p.ruck at sky.com
Tue Sep 27 14:08:03 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have been using GnuCash for some 9 months now and have found it a great
finance tool - which I couldn't really live without now. Yesterday after
updating some finances I saved and closed the programme then shut down the
PC - which carried out some updates before closing itself down.
Today I attempted to access GnuCash and the latest files available were
dated back to January 2011 when I first created the accounts. Have you any
idea how I may search for the previous file recently updated with all my
account balances to date on it? I've tried numerous places but can't find
the latest updated file. I've even thought about taking the computer back to
a previous date but understand that will only alter programme files not data
files. Help please.
Many thanks
Peter