New User to GnuCash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Sep 28 03:53:44 EDT 2011

On woensdag 28 september 2011, David Carlson wrote:
> This is a very common problem for newcomers.  I recall that I had the
> same problem when I started to use GnuCash.  It is very helpful to
> review Chapter 6 in the GnuCash Help manual when first trying to
> understand the register view and to enter transactions.  I wish that
> there was a hint in Chapter 2 to see Chapter 6 before trying to enter a
> transaction.

Any suggestion for a paragraph you would like to add ? If you (or someone
else) proposes a text, it's pretty easy for a documentation maintainer to add.

Just a kind reminder that GnuCash is a community project and that everybody is
encouraged to contribute.

(I normally don't write such invitations on the gnucash-user list, but this
time I did because I think documentation improvements can be contributed by
anyone, not only programmers).

Geert