Can we balance an account for a given month, without previous months being balanced?

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Sat Apr 7 22:15:09 EDT 2012

	If you are referring to reconcile, and you have all statements, or
know it to be correct as of the last reconcile and want to fudge for a
missing statement, then you simply reconcile like normal, and enter the
statement date of the latest statement, but verify the starting balance with
the first unreconciled statement (or leave it as is assuming that statement
is missing and you know it was correct from the previous reconcile).  This
isn't necessarily proper, but it will work.  For instance, if you created an
account and entered several months worth of data, it would be silly to
actually perform a reconcile for each month instead of performing them all
at once (even though technically you would be doing that from the statements
used to enter the data, just not doing it on the computer).  OTOH, if you
mean you want to leave one month unreconciled, but reconcile the next, then
I would assume David is correct.
	Dustin