File Imports

tcare dave at gripmail.net
Tue Apr 10 15:03:51 EDT 2012

>From the main menu, File->Import->Import CSV/Fixed-Width.  The way I do it,
is to have at least 3 columns in my source CSV file:

Date, Description, Amount (represented in positive or negative numbers).

On the Import Dialog screen, do the following:

- Choose your correct Date format
- Choose the correct field mapping where it says 'Select the type of each
column below' (mapping your field names to those in the GNUCash transaction
table.)  Also, map the column Amount to GNUCashs' field 'Deposit', it will
handle handle it correctly during the import.
- Click O.K.

If any errors appear, click Cancel button (unless you are prepared to fix
them ...).

Another box should appear with your data - just click to continue and it
should import them.