spam,Re: Testing reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu Apr 12 10:57:00 EDT 2012

Ah, gotcha.  Fully agreed!

Colin

-------- Original Message --------

*Subject:* RE: spam,Re: Testing reports
*From:* "John Layman" <john.layman at laymanandlayman.com>
*To:* <gnucash at double-bars.net>
*Date:* Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:15:20 -0400

> Not quite sure what you are getting at here ...

I'm hazarding a guess as to why anyone would imagine a test should shrug off
case changes in output.  Unless you are trying to avoid side effects of
version change in a generator that's a black box, it's hard to imagine what
a "good reason" would be for ignoring even minor differences in output.
When you compose a software product using components you don't control, the
components can change out from under you.  But your product is a composite,
and the composite is what you have to test, even if the NIH parts sometimes
cause additional work for you.