Testing reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Tue Apr 17 08:07:00 EDT 2012

> "stakeholders"?
> in my age group they are cannibals around the fire holding sharpened
> wooden stakes

For crying out loud!!!  It's a shorthand, nothing else.  It has no political significance except to those who choose to ascribe one.  (And, for the avoidance of doubt, I don't like modern tendencies to abuse the language either, but I can't deny that when the medium involves using a keyboard then such shorthand expressionas are very useful!)

For the semantically challenged, a stakeholder is someone who has an interest in, a stake in, the success of the project.  So the stakeholders of gnucash are those who control and shape the project, those who work on it, and those who use the end product.  If you are in here then one assumes you are a stakeholder.

Why make such a trivial nit-pick when there is so much in there that - like it or not, agree with it or not - is very relevant to this thread of discussion and to the whole gnucash project  Why play the man, when playing the ball is potentially so much more productive?

Colin Scott