Tracking Payroll Due in GNUcash

Dan Delventhal dandelventhal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:35:27 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am a new user. So far all has been smooth for GNUcash to do billing,
receipts, paying, payments, gl, etc. for my humble lawncare business. I
want to track payroll due to employees in Payroll, just as one might track
payables due to vendors in AP. But for as much as I can enter "bills" for
contractors in AP, I don't see how to track PR for employees, from daily
tickets to accumulate hours or dollars due.
Anyone know if you can track PR due through the PR employee?
I am going to have a PR service process my PR checks and reporting and all,
but I still need a place to tally hours. For now it seems it would be
easier to tally hours due through AP like vendors, maybe than PR and just
journalize/correct it later with the breakdowns received back from the PR
service, After I tally hours and report them for processing.
This is probably an mistake in perception on my part.
I see you can enter an expense voucher in PR, which is probably the
functional equivalent and way to track payroll due to employees. When I add
a voucher, and the hours and select the expense account, the payment column
says "Cash" as the default with no other option. Any idea what that is for,
or what that means?
Anyone exp. in using PR features in GNUcash who want to share a tip
welcome. Thanks. If you have, have you setup any automatic integration with
your PR service?
TIA,
Dan

--
*MowGreen: *17,000 lbs air pollution avoided (600,000 auto-mile equivalent
emissions) – 400 Acres of Grass Mowed With Out Gas!*

*203-548-REEL (7335).

Dan Delventhal

203.209.5979 mobile
203.455.9995 office

http://www.mowgreen.us

Feed the hungry for free with a click or two here:
http://www.thehungersite.com