How to close an accounting year and open a new accounting year

Biswaranjan Mishra brm271071 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 15:24:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am just using gnu cash software to manage my home accounts. I am from
India whose accounting year is April to March.

But, the problem is that I do not know the steps to close the accounts in
the previous accounting year and open a new accounting year with the
relevant opening balances from the last years closing balance.

I remain thanking you in advance in the anticipation of getting an early
reply.

Thanks

Biswaranjan Mishra