Still unable to split off the old years transaction from the gnucash file using jGnucashEditor-bin-2.0.26

Vivek Agrawal vickymnit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 03:53:19 EDT 2012

Colin, Yes you are right at that point.
But the point I am making here, is that what is the benefit of loading the
file of larger size when you do not require the content of whole at the
same point of time. The optimal way is to load only that part which
requires changes. This part can be selected by user.
In another way, we can think it as, some organizations generally keep the
last 1 or 5 or 10 financial year transactions (depending on their business
requirement). The previous transactions (i.e. before 1 or 5 or 10 years)
are saved in archived. This also enables them to keep the earlier records
safe and untouchable. Also, if required those files can be opened
separately to make sure those transactions are still accessible. So, I was
thinking if this could be implemented in some way in GnuCash also.

Regards,
Vivek Agrawal