UK Unit Trust/OEIC Prices

Steven Hale email at stevenhale.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 17:42:13 EDT 2012

On 29 April 2012 21:20, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Interesting. It appears that Yahoo! will *display* the quote for that symbol (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GB0000438233.L )
> but returns "N/A" for all fields when you try to get the CSV version:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/d?f=s0n0l1d1t1c1p2v0b0a0p0o0m0w0e0r0r1d0y0j1q0a2c4&e=.csv&s=GB0000438233.L

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Shortly after sending the OP I did a bit more digging.  I'm not
familiar enough with Perl to write it, but I know enough to be able to
work out what is going on.  I looked through the code for yahoo and
found that exact symptom.

> Not sure that there's anything we can do here.

I agree.  It is a bug with Yahoo.  My apologies for bothering everyone
on the mailing list!

Unfortunately for me it looks like none of the content providers for
Finance::Quote work with UK funds.  Shame.

Thanks for your help!

Steve.