Unable to manually edit budget values and problems with estimate budget tool

Paul Roge proge at riseup.net
Sun Apr 29 18:34:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am unable to edit the values of budget cells on Debian's gnucash version 1:2.4.10-2. It is possible to use the "estimate budget" tool to enter values into the monthly cells, but manual adjustments and entries are not possible.  What might the problem be?

Also, the estimate budget tool produces a decreasing value for each subsequent entry, probably because it is incorporating blank months in its estimate. For example, I ask gnumeric to calculate my "Groceries" expenses for the rest of the year from a start date of January 1 and I get "1000.00, 900.00, 800.00, 500.00, 0.00, 0.00 ..."

It would be nice to just have mean monthly values estimated. Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
Paul