how to keep certain tabs open

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Apr 29 18:21:16 EDT 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:06:12 +0100
Gwyneth Watson <gwyneth.watson at talktalk.net> wrote:

> I've updated to version 2.4.10 but it still behaves the same, and
> opens with the same 4 tabs open that it always has despite me
> changing them each time I open the program.
>
> I'm running on windows 7 home premium - service pack 1
>
> Gwyneth
>

> On 29/04/2012 01:09, David T. wrote:
> > Gwyneth--
> > James notes what has been standard Gnucash behavior for some time:
> > Gnucash reopens the tabs that were active when it was last closed.
> > If this isn't happening for you, there may be something odd about
> > your installation. What operating system are you on? Are you able
> > to save your program settings? Can you try updating to the latest
> > version (2.4.10) and see whether the problem persists?
> > Cheers,
> > David

Just applying a little logic to the proceedings, and not having a
solution
The close down procedures need to write the status to a file, from
which the open tabs will be read.
Something is wrong with the file writing, as you get the old status and
not the new.
Permission to write to the file?
Disk full?
File corrupted?