Finance::Quote

Les lelliott5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:19:40 EDT 2012

Since last Jan., none of my currencies have updated.  I use USD, AUD,
SGD, CAD, CHF, Euro, BPB, HKD, CNY in my transactions (I trade
international stocks, etc).
I have been updating them manually through the price editor and it is a
big pain.  I haven't a clue what happened in Jan. to kill this process.
I have another anomaly; after updating the price of CAD, it does not do
any translation to USD (my base currency),
nor does it update the price of my Canadian stocks.  All other stocks
seem to update ok.
All of the above was on a Mac book pro. beginning with ver. 2.4.3 and
now upgraded to 2.4.10.

As an alternative, I just installed a new LinuxMint 12 (Debian Ver) on a
netbook with 2.4.10 yesterday and have the exact same problem.  I am
beginning to think that this might be file related, as I imported my
gnucash files from my Mac.

After the install and encountering the same problem, I did gnc-fq-dump
yahoo CAD and got a response back which looks right.

This is a huge headache and would really appreciate some pointers or ...?

Thanks in advance.

Les