Finance::Quote

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 30 10:02:02 EDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 4:19 AM, Les wrote:

> Since last Jan., none of my currencies have updated.  I use USD, AUD,
> SGD, CAD, CHF, Euro, BPB, HKD, CNY in my transactions (I trade
> international stocks, etc).
> I have been updating them manually through the price editor and it is a
> big pain.  I haven't a clue what happened in Jan. to kill this process.
> I have another anomaly; after updating the price of CAD, it does not do
> any translation to USD (my base currency),
> nor does it update the price of my Canadian stocks.  All other stocks
> seem to update ok.
> All of the above was on a Mac book pro. beginning with ver. 2.4.3 and
> now upgraded to 2.4.10.
>
> As an alternative, I just installed a new LinuxMint 12 (Debian Ver) on a
> netbook with 2.4.10 yesterday and have the exact same problem.  I am
> beginning to think that this might be file related, as I imported my
> gnucash files from my Mac.
>
> After the install and encountering the same problem, I did gnc-fq-dump
> yahoo CAD and got a response back which looks right.
>
> This is a huge headache and would really appreciate some pointers or ...?
>
> Thanks in advance.

This has come up repeatedly here. It's nothing to do with you or with Gnucash. Yahoo changed the output and Finance::Quote needs to be patched to fix it. The maintainer of F::Q hasn't done a release in years, and I don't know if the fix for this has even been committed to his Github repository.

Regards,
John Ralls