Fail to update Exchange Rates

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 18:23:23 EDT 2012

Actually, Chan, look at this link on the page I mentioned:

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20120209/5210ad5f/attachment-0001.pl

I believe that this is actually an updated version of quote.pm, and you should put this file in the place where you find the (non-functioning) existing quote.pm.
Rename your old quote.pm as something else, like old-quote.pm, and save this in the same place as quote.pm. At least, that's how I understood the earlier instructions.

HTH,
David