Missing menus

Joe Miller admin at jolyonmiller.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:29:25 EDT 2012

Hi I'm using GnuCash 2.4.7 on Ubuntu 11.04 and I'm having a problem with
missing menus. The unity desktop should display the 'File', ;Edit' etc
menus at the top of the screen when you move the mouse over the toolbar,
but I'm not getting anything. I can get a menu to appear by pressing alt
f but the menu appears half-way down the screen and doesn't stay
visible. If I use the menu to open a different account file, then the
menu appears correctly.

Can anybody help me on this? I've been using GnuCash for two years with
no problems, this has just recently started happening.

Thanks,
Joe