deleting files

Bob Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:03:34 EDT 2012

On 8/6/2012 1:31 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> Don't forget to use Reply to All when replying to this list, otherwise
> the reply goes only to the previous poster.
>
> On 6 August 2012 16:50, M. SPENCER <directoptionsmichael at live.com> wrote:
>> Sir, that is correct. I was just trying to get familiar with program and
>> features and created some dummy accounts and noticed that I couldn't delete
>> files; so my question remains is this possible to delete dummy accounts.
> Hold on, the first time you said you wanted to delete old files, we
> assumed you meant the file that is created when you first click Save,
> and tell it what to call it and where to save it.  The answer to that
> is that you can just delete it using your file manager or whatever you
> use to manage files (browse to wherever you told it save and delete it
> and the log and backup files you will also find there.  Now you are
> asking about deleting accounts, an account is a bank account or an
> expense account for example.  Is it an individual account you are
> trying to delete?
>
> Colin L

And this is the way I read his original post. That's why I suggested
uninstalling the program and deleting the folder that has the settings,
and then reinstalling the program. I took that to be what he meant by
"start out fresh." In this case, his question essentially boils down to:
Where are the setting files? That depends on which OS he's using since
the directory structure differs.

--Bob